Submission of a paper to Egyptian Family Medicine Journal (EFMJ) implies that it is not being submitted for publication elsewhere. Original papers written in English should be submitted electronically through the journal website (http://efmj-eg.org ). A letter of submission should accompany all contributions, signed by all of the authors, providing assurance that: (1) all of the listed authors have participated actively in the study, (2) all of the authors have seen and approved submitted manuscript, and (3) the manuscript is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
The manuscripts should be supplied in the following order: Title page, Abstract, Keywords, Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion (s), References, Appendix, Acknowledgments, and Arabic Summary. NB. Acknowledgements, Tables, Figures, Legends of Figures, photos and legends of photos should be kept in appropriate site in the text.
Manuscripts should be written in Times New Roman with font size 12 and one and half space. Page numbers should be in the middle of the bottom of the page starting from the title page as number 1. Incomplete or improperly prepared manuscripts will be returned to the authors without review. Manuscript must be uploaded in the template that is available in control panel of author.
The following instructions are of utmost importance:-
- Restrict the English abstract to 250 words and manuscript to about 2000- 4000 words (excluding the references).
- Restrict the Arabic abstract to 250 words and manuscript to about 2000- 4000 words (excluding the references).
- Restrict the number of references to about 30 for the length of the manuscript 3000 words.
- Restrict the number of figures/tables to minimum; conventionally one table or figure is allowed per 500-600 words.
The title page:
The Title page should include:
- The title of the article
- A running title of no more than 40 characters
- The name(s) of the author(s) [First name, middle initial and last name]
- The affiliation(s) and address (es) of the author(s)
- The e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers of the corresponding author
- Number of tables and figures
A structured abstract of maximum 250 words divided into the following sections: Background, Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusions, and Keywords.
Three to five words should be typed separately under the abstract and should not be taken from the title.
Numbers, abbreviations, units and drug names:
Numbers should be written as Arabic numerals (1,2,3..), except at the beginning of a sentence where they should be written in words. Only standard abbreviations should be used and it should be preceded by the word it stands for the first time it appears in the text. All measurements should be expressed in conventional units. System international (SI) units may be given in parentheses if required. Generic names of drugs should always be used.
They should accord with the system used in uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals, and additional statements (Can Med J 1997; 156: 270-7 and 571-4). They should be numbered consecutively by Arabic numeral (1, 2, 3..etc) in the order in which they are cited in the text. Numbers are to be written superscript enclosed in round parentheses. They should be listed numerically in the reference list at the end of text with journal titles abbreviated in the style of Index Medicus. All the authors are to be listed when 6 or less, if more than 6 authors use et al after the first 6 authors.
Mostafa A, Nagy B, Abaza SM. A controlled trial of hepatitis A vaccine health children. SCUMJ 1997; 1(3): 24-27.
Book: Enkin M, Keirse M, Renfrew M, Neilson J, Editors. A guide to effective care in pregnancy and childbirth. 2nd Ed. Oxford University press, 1995: 43-49.
Article in a book: Macsween RNM, Scothoma RJ. Developmental anatomy and normal structure. In: Macsween RNM, Anthony PP, Scheuer PJ, editors. Pathology of the Liver. 2nd Ed. Edinburgh, Churchill Livingstone, 1987: 1-45.
Tables should be provided after the references, and numbered consecutively with Arabic numeral (1, 2, 3. etc.) with the table number and title above the table and explanatory notes below the table. Title and explanation of the tables should be included in the body of the text.
Figures, illustrations, and photos:
Figure, illustrations and photos should be provided in their appropriate sites within the text, with legends written separately. Line drawings (including graphs) should be drawn in black ink on white paper. Lettering should be large enough to permit photographic reduction. Photographs must be of good quality, submitted as black and white prints, and have as much contrast as possible. data will be presented by the most suitable methods
Authors who publish in Egyptian Family Medicine Journal (EFMJ) will retain the copyright of their work which enables the unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the article, provided that the original work is properly cited.
Manuscripts will be examined for consistency of formalities; those, which are inappropriate, will be returned immediately to the corresponding author with notes. Reviewing will start after technical modification phase that will take 2 weeks. Reviewing phase will be done by 2 peer reviewers and decision will be taken within 4 weeks of the start of reviewing. Publication will usually be made within 6 weeks from final proof of the manuscript. Decision will be accepted; accepted with minor changes; accepted with major changes; or rejected. Galley proofs will be sent to the corresponding author and should be returned within 72 hrs. Alterations made in the galley proofs, other than the correction of printer's errors, will be charged to the authors.
A PDF version of the revised manuscript will be sent to the corresponding author.PDF version could be downloaded from the website of the journal once needed from the author
Articles will be charged 150LE/computer page (font: 12-point Times New Roman, one-spaced) with a minimum of 10 computer pages. Payments are to be delivered through transaction to a given account on uploading the manuscript to Egyptian Family Medicine Journal. The author will be requested to write down the number of the transaction to finish the uploading process.
Corresponding author is responsible for the originality of the material. The Authors responsibility includes authorship complaints; plagiarism complaints; multiple, duplicate, concurrent publication or simultaneous submission; research results misappropriation; allegations of research errors and fraud; research standards violations; undisclosed conflicts of interest. Manuscripts reporting data obtained from research conducted on human subjects must include a statement of assurance in the Methods section of the manuscript that an informed consent was obtained from patients and that the study protocol was approved by the institution's research ethical committee. Aproval number and date written clearly Manuscripts reporting experiments using animals must include statement giving assurance that all animals received humane care and that the study protocol comply with the institution's guidelines.
The names, addresses, and e-mail addresses of two potential referees are to be provided with the manuscript. The editor retains the sole right to decide whether the suggested reviewers are used or not.
Before sending an article to Egyptian Family Medicine Journal, please ensure that the following items are present:
- Clear title with no abbreviations
- Authors' (first name, middle initial, last name)
- Authors' affiliations
- Corresponding author 's (name, postal address, Tel. No., Fax No., E-mail address)
- Running title (not more than 40 characters)
Language and grammar
- Uniformly American English
- Write the full term for each abbreviation at its first use in the title, abstract, keywords and text separately unless it is a standard unit of measure.
- Check the manuscript for spelling, grammar and punctuation errors
- If a brand name is cited, supply the manufacturer's name and address (city and state/country).
- Species names should be in italics
- Not more than 250 words
- Contains the following items: background, aim, patients/materials and methods, results, conclusion (s)
- Keywords: 3-5 words, NOT from the title
- Contains the following items: Introduction, Methods , Results, Discussion , study limitations , Conclusion (s) , Keywords , References
- Manuscript should be 'spell-checked' and 'grammar-checked.
Tables and Figures:
- Arabic Numerals (1,2,3,…etc)
- Tables and figures must be kept in their appropriate sites within the text with clear footnotes and legends under tables and figures
- All references mentioned in the references' list are cited in the text, and vice versa
- References in text: Numeric with round brackets and superscript
- References in references' list: Numeric and following the journal style.
Arabic summary should include the following:-
a. Arabic title
b. Brief translation of the introduction
c. Full translation of the aim, objectives, research question(s), and hypothesis(es)
d. Brief but clear description of the method,results, Conclusion, Recommendations
An Important message to the author:
- All communications and follow up of the article will be conducted through the site through the comment part on the journal; site.
- The author is required to do all the reviewer comments and the revision of the article final proof in order to be published. Any delay for more than one month in any step will lead to postponing of the article to the next issue. If any delay took place later the article will not published and there will be no fee refund
- After doing the required modifications, Upload the corrected manuscript within the same thread in the same place replacing the old one
Ali Elkady : Web Developer
Mobile : 01284002596
Mrs Amal: Secretary
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org